- Class Page
- Contact Us
Teacher: Sr. Kelly Weaver
As Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah. I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and Iman. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Sr. Kelly Weaver and I will be the homeroom teacher for the 3rd grade. This is my fifth year teaching at IQRA and I very much look forward to working with your children this year.
· Students are expected to come to class on time and prepared to learn. Please help your child prepare each night by making sure all of their school things are packed and ready to go for the next day.
· Students will be given homework on a very regular basis. Homework must be ON-TIME and 100% complete to receive full credit. Students who have missing or incomplete homework will be required to complete it during recess.
· All assignments must be NEAT! Sloppy assignments will be returned—ungraded—to be completed properly.
· All communications (tests, papers, notes, etc…) will be sent home on Mondays. The items should be signed and returned the next day.
· Finally, students should bring a water bottle to class with them. There will be no trips to the water fountain during class time.
Tips for Academic Success
(Adapted from Guide to the Essentials Teacher’s Manual)
· Limit your child’s TV viewing. Research shows that a little TV viewing may be fine, but too much time in front of the TV takes away from studying and contributes to poor school performance. The same goes for video and computer games too.
· Provide a quiet place free of distractions for your child to do homework. Make “homework time” a part of your nightly routine (i.e. do it at the same time every night whether it’s after school, before dinner, etc…)
· Check your child’s work regularly. Show interest in their work and whenever possible offer praise and encouragement
· Remind your child that school is important. STAY INVOLVED. Show that you value education and that you value your child giving the best possible effort toward school work.
I can be reached in the following ways:
· Call the office (330-4888) to schedule a meeting during one of my free periods
· Email me at: email@example.com
Special Announcements for our Class:
Congratulations to the winners of the 3rd grade in-class Spelling Bee:
1st Place: Muhammad Hamza
2nd Place: Nameera Perwez
3rd Place: Yusuf Moustafa
These three students will participate in the Upper Level Spelling Bee Championship on Monday, January 30th.